One of the specialist areas that BSA Building Surveyors has developed through wide ranging experience, is in the educational field. Understanding the particular needs and building control requirements of pre-school, primary, secondary and tertiary education, greatly assists project design and delivery.
Successful project involvement with pre-school and child care demands knowledge of safety, special amenity needs, and other unique children’s services regulation requirements now incorporated in the Building Code of Australia. BSA Building Surveyors have a vast experience base in this specialised area.
BSA Building Surveyors has had extensive experience in primary and secondary school projects for Government and non Government clients. The Commonwealth Government Building Education Revolution (BER) program presented challenges with tight programs and many clients to serve. Challenges that were successfully met with building permits and occupancy permits issued to enable primary and secondary school communities to benefit from this special Government funding initiative. Another Government initiative in the development of trade training centres has provided additional opportunity for our involvement in a number of these key projects.
BSA Building Surveyors were responsible for major portable school building placement programs through out metropolitan and regional Victoria, programs with significant time constraints all of which were successfully completed. The commission included the drafting of policies for disability access and siting for portable buildings.
BSA Building Surveyors have completed a number of tertiary education projects, many with Deakin University and also with other University and TAFE institutions.
Primary and Secondary Schools
- Numerous School extensions and refurbishment, including Donald Secondary and Primary Schools, Christ The King Primary School Newcomb, Ashwood Secondary College, Balmoral High School, St Anthony Primary School Lara, St Alipius School Ballarat, St James School Sebastopol, Kardinia International College Bell Post Hill, Grovedale Secondary College, Sacred Heart Geelong, Warragul High School, Geelong Grammar, St Joseph’s Newtown, Fyans Park Primary School, Newtown, Inverleigh Primary School, Lorne School and St Johns, Clifton Hill
- Trade Training Centres in North Geelong, Geelong East, Newtown and Horsham
- Disabled access project improvements at Western Heights and Springvale Secondary Colleges
- School Library and resource centres at Holy Family Primary School Bell Park, Clairvaux Catholic School Belmont, Sacred Heart College Newtown, Geelong High School, Colac Secondary College and St Margaret’s Primary School East Geelong
- New schools or major redevelopments – Geelong College Preparatory Campus, Leopold Primary School, South Geelong Primary School, St Thomas’ in Drysdale, Reservoir Primary School Bacchus Marsh Primary School, Wallington Primary School, Bellarine Secondary College, Bundara Primary School in Portland, Ceres Primary School, Tate Street Primary School, All Saints Parish Primary School in Portland, Christian College Geelong and Drysdale campuses and Derinya Primary School in Frankston
- Geelong Grammar School Corio and Timbertop Campuses – special building projects including the Wellbeing Centre, Arts School, Sailing Club and several boarding house projects at the Corio campus. At Timbertop Campus, the Music School, Dining Hall, accommodation replacement program, staff quarters, Community Fire Refuge/classroom complex.
- Deakin University Waurn Ponds – Refurbishment of four storey science building and medical school, Library Refurbishment, Central Campus makeover, GTP major development, Institute of Koorie Education, Engineering Faculty upgrade, Proof of Concepts Building Carbon Revolution and the CADET building
- Deakin University Waterfront Campus – Dennys Lascelles (Building ad) conversion of a six storey woolstore plus additional floor for offices and university use, GARS projects refurbishment of the four storey Hay Building
- Deakin University Burwood Campus – 5 level open-deck car parks 1&2 (18,000m2per floor)
- Deakin University Warrnambool Campus – Aqua research facility, Student Amenities refurbishment and the Bookshop
- Gordon TAFE – numerous alterations and additions projects
- Kangan TAFE – Construction Industry and Welding Department projects
- University of Ballarat, Horsham Campus – trade area additions and refurbishment
Child Care and Preschool projects
- Torquay Children’s Hub – new building
- Homestead Run Community and Children’s Service Centre
- Torquay Road Child Care Centre – new Building
- Lara Lake Pre-school– new complex
- Torquay Child Care Centre – new centre
- Aberdeen Early Learning Centre – refurbishment of residential building and new buildings including learn to swim centre
- Ariston Child Care Centre – refurbishment of residential building and new buildings
- Belmont Child Care Centre – new complex
- Lara Children’s Centre – new centre from infant to kindergarten
- Queenscliff Kindergarten – regulation review and report
- Point Lonsdale Childcare Centre – conversion and additional Restaurant to child care centre
- Otway Health Neighbourhood House & Community Services
- Wathaurong Aboriginal Children’s Service and Health Centre – new building